Monday, July 14, 2008

Attending Live Seminars And Conferences Will Increase Sales Amp Make You More Money

Writen by Jeff Mills

Have you ever been to a seminar that was on your favorite topic and came home with pages of notes, all written in scribble scratch, because you were devouring all the speakers' words and writing notes lightning fast?

You loved the stories and powerful illustrations that set your mind on fire with ideas.

Remember those break-through moments you experienced when you sat at the bar and bought your favorite Guru or Idol a drink and listened intently as they shared with you the specialized knowledge that got them to 'legend status?'

Have you experienced a seminar, so powerful your life was never the same and it changed your business for the better?

I must confess, I am a seminar junkie and I love to attend seminars and meet and network with people there.

But I don't just go to any seminars. For me I attend marketing conferences on niche topics dealing with increasing your online marketing business results and making more money from the internet.

My first really huge seminar that I attended was the Big Seminar, from Armand Morin back in March 2004. I owe lots to Armand for what he and his faculty taught me.

I felt like I had drank water from a fire hose for 3 straight days… yet, I came home from that conference with so many ideas, my head was spinning just trying to figure out which idea to implement first.

There are 3 important things you can get out of continuing education seminars that I wanted to share with you.

1. Personal Development

Most people do not continue their education after they finish with formal schooling. In fact, when most people graduate from college that's the last time they'll pick up a book to try and learn new information about their chosen profession, unless they are forced to continue their education.

Some professions that require continuing education include academia, medicine, and the legal profession. Personally, I think continuing education should be required for all professions.

As a Youth Pastor, I went to many national Youth Ministry and Pastors conventions to allow my ministry and personal development to flourish.

When you stop learning, you stop growing. You agree, right?

That's part one of our three-pronged approach - learning to break out of self-imposed limits and start thinking in new ways that will allow us to experience success that we have not yet enjoyed.

2. Business Development

Prong two is all about business development, and I want to focus on marketing.

I know that when I started in business, I had no idea what marketing really was. It's shocking to discover how many people have had marketing educations in our colleges and universities, and yet don't have the first idea of how to apply their knowledge in a practical, real world business situation. The internet is a great direct response tool, but too many don't know how to tap into the millions of niche markets out there.

There are systematic approaches to marketing and selling that when followed work flawlessly. Going to seminars, with great speakers will help you learn those systems.

There's a right way to do things, and a wrong way to do things.

Having a great teaching faculty will help one explore and explain these business systems that will allow you to produce your products, market your products, and deliver to your customers what they truly want and need in an efficient, proven, reliable way that makes you profits.

3. JV's And Networking

The third prong of conference attending is about power networking.

Many people know the value of meeting new business acquaintances at seminars and conferences, but don't fully take advantage of the power of those relationships.

I don't mean this from an exploitative standpoint; I simply mean that there are opportunities to connect with people in a meaningful way, so that both parties make more money.

At the events you go to, I encourage you to network.

If you've been around the Internet marketing world for any length of time, you've heard the term "joint venture." Most people don't really know what a true joint venture is.

With this 3 prong approach for attending live continuing education seminars, you surely will get more out of each event when you improve your personal life, improve your business through using new techniques, and you will find new partners and joint venture associates which can take your sales to the next level.

Copyright 2006 Jeff Mills

Jeff Mills is a former Youth Pastor of 9 years, who is now a full time internet information entrepreneur, book author, speaker, sales coach, and also an avid traveler. Jeff Mills is putting on the largest internet marketing event in the Midwest. Dates are September 29-Oct 1, 2006. For 12 hours of free marketing training, visit http://www.midwestsuperconference.com.

No comments: